Friday, 13 April 2012

five things friday - stripes!

I am such a huge fan of stripes, especially anything nautical inspired.

They never go out of style, and it is always good to have a few stripy items in your wardrobe for those days when you just can't decide what to wear!

stripe inspiration



As well as my endless collection of stripy t-shirts (you can never have enough in my opinion!) I am trying to branch out and purchase different stripe inspired outfits and accessories.

Here are my current five stripy things that I simply adore:

1) This dress from Vero Moda, which I spotted on the ASOS website for only £28


2) I fell in love with this maxi dress from Next, retailing at £35 - it would be perfect for a summer holiday!


3)  Another holiday inspired look, this time a bikini from Topshop for £26


4) This cute hat from John Lewis would make anyone feel like a glamorous film star from the 1950's

5)  Lastly, stripy bed set from John Lewis would make a lovely addition to my bedroom! 

Hope you all have a lovely weekend!

xx 

11 comments:

  1. OH I love stripes too!! That maxi dress is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That orange, yellow and blue striped dress at the top is amazing! I have a bit of an obsession with stripes, too...when I'm shopping, I always end up buying yet ANOTHER striped shirt without even realizing what I'm doing haha.

    Andrea
    Left brain, right brain, pug brain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great post and i really like your blog!

    XXX,

    WMBG
    wiebkembg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. love stripes too probably a little too much obsessed with stripes especially striped dresses! love what you featured here

    ReplyDelete
  5. The blue & white striped dress in the first collage is so cute!
    Matches my style perfectly :)
    My closet is filled with stripes!

    Happy weekend, girl!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi gorgeous!
    so glad I found your cute, amazing, well structured and interesting blog while peeking at others' blogs! I really identify myself with it - I love beautiful things! I'd like to invite you to meet mine as well and hope you'll follow it if it pleases you. I'm definitely following yours!
    wish you lots of success
    kisses
    http://cottoncandy-peaches.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing blog <3

    If you like my fanpage you can win a CHANEL nail lacquer, Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey doll,
    This is a great post and I am loving your blog so so much!! I REALLY REALLY like how you do each of your post and your overall style! I think we have very similar tastes, which is really cool. You have given me loads of inspiration for my blog, which I just love, so thank you for that!! ☺
    I found your blog from a comment you left on another blog and really do love it. It would be really cool if we could follow each other?
    I would also like to invite you to my ‘promote your blog’ challenge I have featured on my blog, where us bloggers are helping one another find more followers and readers. It would be great if you could join in: http://new-yorkdoll.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/promote-your-blog-again.html
    If you have facebook, I would be so so so grateful if you liked my page: http://www.facebook.com/newyorkdoll

    All the best,
    Aimee
    www.new-yorkdoll.blogspot.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. omg, that first dress is beyond amazing. Fabulous post, love. Thanks so much for sharing. If you get a sec, I'd love if you'd check out my shoot in front of the Father of the Bride house. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm obsessed with stripes! Thanks for this :) what a cute dress!

    ReplyDelete