Monday 14 January 2013

Golden Globes fashion 2013

Browsing the fashion of the Golden Globes is a favourite hobby of mine, and something I look forward to every year.  I get even more excited about drooling over the dresses at this awards ceremony than I do about the Oscars sometimes.  It just seems so much more relaxed and people don't try as hard, but you also get the bonus of a sneak peek into the colour and trends of the year to come.

There were so many beautiful gowns last night, but here are a select few of my favourites...


Hello there Emily Blunt 

Now she is not someone I normally admire style wise, but I have to say that she stands out from the crowd this year in the amazing Michael Kors dress.  The cut of the dress....the gold colour...her elegant updo....perfection!



Claire Danes - one hot mama!

How amazing does she look in this red Versace gown?  And did she really only just give birth a few weeks ago??  I want to know her post pregnancy tips pronto. 



The wonderful Amy Adams

I might have chosen her due to my slight girl crush on her...and the fact that I watched Julie & Julia on the weekend and loved it...but I also think she looks incredible in this very, very tight Marchesa gown.  Anyone who can rock this pale pink colour gets a gold star in my eyes. 


Last but not least...Nicole Richie

I love the fact that she's gone for a long sleeved gown, showing no skin but still looking sexy (take note Miranda Kerr...).  The trend for long sleeves proved popular this year, with Kate Hudson and Naomi Watts also sporting this look, but the aqua colour and detailing of Nicole's Naeem Khan dress is a bonus for me!

                                                                       (all pics via here)

                                                           Who did you love this year?

                                                                               xx

3 comments:

  1. Me too! I'm obsessed with awards season every single year, boyfriend thinks I'm nuts. Emily Blunt looked amazing, and Anne Hathaway xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with all your pics, gorgeous! Also loved Jessica Alba! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Emily Blunt's dress!
    Daniella x

    http://daniella-r.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete