Wednesday 10 October 2012

Wedding Wednesday: cakes

In honour of blog post number 100, I thought I would share my favourite topics when discussing weddings....the dessert of course!

I'm not really a fan of the more traditional ones such as a fruit cake, so we were looking for something a little bit different.  Thanks to Pinterest, there are many options to admire and choose from.  I'm definitely drawn a cake with a rustic or vintage feel, so here are my favourites:

~ I adore the flowers on this cake, and of course the cute cake topping!



~  Another beautiful cake with flowers, this time on a rustic wooden bark as a cake stand - great idea!


~  This vintage lace one is just beautiful...almost too good to eat!




~ As I am having a winter wedding, this one would be perfect...



~  Or we could go for something different altogether...like these cute cupcakes


~  ...or even a plateful of macaroons!




If you're married, what did you have at your wedding?  And if you're getting married and don't fancy a fruit cake, what other options are you looking at?

I'm hungry now just looking at this post!  Here's to 100 more blog posts, enjoy!

xx

2 comments:

  1. hmmm I'm hungry now too - looks so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post just made me the hungriest girl in London. FACT!!!

    ReplyDelete